Kofi Kinaata Angry

Like many artistes, it was the wish of rapper, Kofi Kinaata, to earn a nomination  at this year’s Vodafone Ghana Music Awards for his works in the year under review but unfortunately, he did not make the list of nominations.
“It is every good musician’s dream to be recognised for doing a good job and I think my hard work should have earned me a couple of nominations in this year’s VGMA, but even though I missed out, I am still focused on what I enjoy doing” Kofi Kinaata told Showbiz in an interview on Tuesday.
According to him, the fact that his fans are fighting for him is enough evidence he worked hard last year.
“Everyone is fighting for me because they know I made an impact last year, I should have been nominated for the New Artiste and Best Rapper categories, however, I want to tell my fans not to worry but rather support my music” he said.
Those nominated for the two categories Kinaata missed comprise Akwaboah, Joey B. and Kumi Guitar for New Artiste; and Sarkodie, Trigmatic, Manifest. EL and Guru for Best Rapper.
Real name, Martin King Arthur, Kofi Kinaata who is currently under High Grade Family management said anyone who hears him rap falls in love with his lines because they are clear and straight to the point.
According to him, unlike most musicians who rap for the sake of it, he chooses his words carefully to address an issue. “I make my words so clear that those who cannot even speak Fante can understand clearly what I am saying.”
To him, one thing that makes him stand out is how he delivers on any track he has been featured on. “I have done a lot of single tracks but they are not known because I have not promoted those songs yet, however, the two singles I released last year Onnyi Chorus and Different made modest impact”
About how he started his music career, Kofi Kinaata who has worked with musicians, Samini and Kesse said he started rap when he was young but started getting recognition at Takoradi Technical Institute where he schooled.
He added that he did a lot of rap battle on radio stations and many platforms  during his schools days and that made him who he is today.
“My fans always wanted to hear what I was saying and kept it simple and clear, so it was not surprising most people like my rap on Castro’s Odo Pa”
Born in Takoradi, Effiakuma, Kofi Kinaata explained that it was not difficult working with musician Castro because he knew what he was capable of.
He said Castro, Samini and a few other musicians who have seen him rap know he is good and always delivers.

Comments